Sometimes it's easy to get lost in our heads and forget about our bodies.
You might try exploring your five senses and getting back in touch with your body. Doing so may make you feel better about yourself, which is always a big issue with women who are dealing with PCOS.
Here are some ideas for more sensual living.
- Wear a pure silk scarf around your neck.
- Take a moment to enjoy your morning coffee. I sprinkle it with cinnamon and allow yourself quiet time to enjoy it. Notice the smell and taste.
- When you get home from work, give yourself the gift of silence and allow yourself to ease into your evening. No TV until after dinner and kitchen cleaned up. That way, you're not bombarded with noise or images and can take the time to ponder.
- Sit next to a roaring fire with a cuddly fleece blanket wrapped around your shoulders.
- Do Pilates, Yoga or Gyrotonic to keep you in touch with your body and keep you relaxed.
- Light a tea candle to remind you to pray for others.
- Use a heating pad to warm the end of your bed and your feet.
- Experience the pleasant feeling of freshly laundered sheets on your bed.
- Listen to playlists on your iPod while you exercise and work in the kitchen.
- Wear comfy pajamas.
- Have a hot soak with eucalyptus or lavender oils, a refreshing glass of lemon-water and a good "mindless" book.
- Play around with different hair styles.
- Go outside, stand on the grass, and ground yourself.
- On Wednesday nights, don't answer the phone after 7 p.m. Toss your bathrobe in the dryer, and then put it on while it's warm, cuddle on the couch with your pets, a book, or a movie. It's a peaceful break in the middle of the week.
- Buy a meditation app for your iPhone such as Mindfulness Meditation. Listen to it during idle moments. It will help you to slow down and be more aware in your life.
- Swing in your hammock and daydream.
- Have some hot tea with a pinch of freshly pounded ginger and fresh lemon grass.
- Bring comfortable slippers to work.
- Paint your toes.
Sensual self-care can do wonders for your self-esteem and stress reduction